Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Iced Mocha

I tried this from a friend's blog and have been hooked since.  There are so many days I feel drained and in need of something to give me some energy.  I'm not a big coffee fan, especially in the summer when it's already hot.  This always hits the spot and is less expensive and less sugar than the coffee shops.  Such a great treat!



Iced Mocha

1 T brown sugar
1 T cocoa powder
1 T milk
6 ice cubes
1 cup milk
4 oz. brewed espresso, cooled (if you don't have espresso, brew 8 oz. water with 6 scoops coffee to make it stout)

Mix the brown sugar, cocoa powder and a small amount of milk to make a slurry.  (I mix mine right in the magic bullet cup).  Add the ice, milk and espresso and blend.

1 comment:

  1. I started pouring left-over coffee into ice-cube trays last summer, so I'd always have coffee ice cubes. Then I use it instead of the expresso & ice, and I think it makes a smoother, less watery iced mocha... plus the not wasting the last little bit of coffee appealed to me. :)

    ReplyDelete