Friday, March 25, 2011

Sirloin Tip Beef Roast

This is one of our favorite dinners.  Tasty and requires very little prep time.  Whenever I'm cooking a beef roast or turkey breast or any other hunk of meat I depend on my talking meat thermometer to tell me when it's done, otherwise I'd overcook it every time.  Be sure to set it to rare because the meat continues to cook when you take it out and can become overdone very easily.  I rarely measure out the ingredients, just eyeball it.  Be sure to let the roast rest before carving it, and cut into thin slices.



In small bowl mix:

1 1/4 Tbs paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground cayenne
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 Tbs olive oil

Preheat oven to 350.  Line baking pan with aluminum foil.  Place 3 pound sirloin tip roast in pan and cover on all sides with the spice mixture.  Roast until oven thermometer reads rare, about 45 minutes.  Let sit 15 minutes before carving.

btw - the picture doesn't do it justice.  It looked mouth-watering in iPhoto!

No comments:

Post a Comment