Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vanilla steamer

Before I drank coffee I would always order an Irish Cream or Vanilla Steamer when hanging out with friends at coffee shops.  I got a hand blender two years ago for the purpose of making baby food and read somewhere that you can make steamed milk with it.  I gave it a try and now I like mine even better than Starbucks!  (Starbucks is too sweet)

1 cup milk, warmed in medium size saucepan
a little less than 1 Tablespoon sugar
splash of vanilla extract

Stir the sugar and vanilla into the warmed milk.  Tilt saucepan sideways and insert blender until tip is fully immersed in milk.  Turn on blender.  You have to work with it a bit and get it at just the right angle to make it really froth.  Be careful not to take the blender out of the milk while it's running or it will shoot milk all over the place :)  I haven't tried it, but this might work in the magic bullet as well using the whipping blade.

We had a rainy and unusually chilly day this past week and this steamer really hit the spot.  Not sure why I've been forgetting to take pictures lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment