Saturday, October 1, 2011

French Toast

So last night I made Challah for the first time.  I have always thought the braided loaves were absolutely stunning and wanted to try making one.  Unfortunately as it cooked mine pulled apart and didn't look so great.  And while it was certainly decent bread, I didn't think the flavor was anything spectacular on it's own.  BUT OH, the french toast it made the next day!  WOW.  I will make this recipe again and again just for the french toast.  Thick, beautiful slices of french toast the size of our plate.  I don't think anybody needs a recipe for french toast, but I wanted a reason to show off my beautiful picture, so here you go :)


preheat griddle to about 325.  whisk some eggs with a splash of milk, vanilla extract and some cinnamon.  soak bread slices in the egg mixture for a minute or two.  melt a pat of butter on the griddle then cook french toast a couple minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.  dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment