Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year

I was looking through this past year's recipes thinking I'd come up with a top 5 list.  Well, I found over 25 recipes that I absolutely love - some, like the sauteed zucchini, because they are astoundingly delicious to the point I find myself craving it.  Others, like the bruschetta chicken, broiled tilapia and the canadian bacon egg and cheese english muffins, because they are everything I want in a recipe - delicious, healthy, fast and the kids will eat it.  I make these recipes over and over again.  This past year I mastered the stir fry/saute technique.  I learned to make homemade bread well.  I began making my own chicken stock.  I fell in love with roasting because it is so simple and so delicious - a chicken, an eye of the round roast, a turkey breast, any and every vegetable.  It was hard to narrow it down!  So here are my top 10 and then a few honorable mentions :)

Pan seared sea scallops
Sauteed zucchini
Canadian bacon, egg & cheese English muffins
Salmon patties
Roasted veggies
Sweet potato fries 
Grilled pizza
Simple roast chicken
Simple beef roast
Chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce



Honorable mentions:  bruschetta chicken, parmesan crusted tilapia, stir fry, sauteed kale and turkey meatloaf for being healthy, delicious and something I can get on the table easily.  Whole grain pancakes for being delicious and great for making a huge batch and freezing.  Chicken saltimbocca for being gourmet and mostly make ahead.  Iced mocha for refreshing and giving me energy to make it through long summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment